Board Minutes 9/10/19
In attendance: Mary, Carly, Bryan, Becky, Sandra, Jeremy
• We discussed the success of Bike the Rogue. Next year we are going to take some pressure off Bryan and Sandy by assembling a committee to organize this event. If anyone is interested in chairing or participating on this committee, please contact Sandra or Bryan for details.
• Board agreed to forward Deca Fletcher’s application on to membership for review and acceptance.
• Sandra received a call from Laurie Van Zante thanking us for the hard work on the triangle. Gold Beach Main Street is very pleased with how wonderful the triangle is looking. The next clean up they would love to come out and help us with the objective of cutting down the lavender for the winter season. Sandra would like to see us take an hour on our September 28th clean update to work on the triangle and then an hour working on our 3 mile stretch of Jerry’s flat road. We need about 8 people to accomplish these tasks.
• First quarterly social will be sometime in October at Sandra’s new house. Details to come.
• Membership will be receiving an email about a potential new member. Please respond to the email with any comments or questions.
• Marna requested that the GBRC board discuss the application of a couple restricted gifts she and her family gave to the GB Rotary Foundation. The club board decided not to discuss this matter since we do not participate in the operations of the foundation operations.
• Board agreed to not sign an agreement with Sr. Center. We agreed that Carly would draft a letter outlining the use of the Sr. Center that we see is appropriate for our use of the center.
• Upcoming events:
o Turkey Trot November 30th
o Christmas party and bottle auction will be a potluck at Leonard’s home on December 14th at 4:30pm
• Events that need committees or chairpersons:
o High on Health
o Bike the Rogue
• Our next meeting is on October 8th at lunch in the library conference room.